Make an impact and embark on an exciting career filled with meaning, immediate responsibility, and continuous opportunities to grow.
The COP Graduate Program is an accelerated two-year learning and development journey designed to kickstart your offshore wind career. As a Graduate, you’ll join one of the most experienced and fastest growing development teams in the world and you’ll have the unique opportunity to take on immediate responsibility and grow your skillset to advance large-scale infrastructure projects and support the global renewable energy transition.
As a team, we value passion for sustainability, quick learning ability, and a commitment to be part of our visionary team. We know these attributes apply to people of diverse backgrounds and experiences, which is why this program is open to all individuals who meet the following, whether you have direct renewable energy experience or not.
We are looking for future team members who:
- Are motivated to make a difference – for the energy transition and our team.
- Have just finished or are about to finish a bachelor’s or master’s degree and have no more than two years of work experience.
- Have shown academic achievement. We welcome all educational backgrounds and ask that you can demonstrate how your competencies and skills would apply to a role at COP.
- Have big aspirations and a self-driven, entrepreneurial mindset.
- Are collaborative, inclusive, and have a positive personality.
Choose From Two Career Development Pathways
Our Graduate Program is a tailored, 2-year learning journey, designed specifically to catapult careers in either commercial or technical development.
- Graduates joining the Commercial Stream typically come from backgrounds in law, finance, procurement, and beyond. So if you’re passionate about building experiential skills in strategy, business case development, and market development, this is the track to choose.
- The Technical Stream on the other hand is geared toward those with profiles related to engineering or technical fields, so if you’re enthusiastic about wind farm design, EPC management, and project development, and want exposure to this sort of day-to-day technical work, this stream is for you.
Both streams offer an excellent opportunity for growth through two distinct 12-month rotations, each allowing for deep learning and full integration into the COP work environment.
- In your first rotation, you’ll leverage your pre-existing abilities to grow and dive deep into your core field of expertise, whether commercial or technical, gaining valuable knowledge and skills to thoroughly develop an in-depth understanding of your chosen discipline.
- The second rotation will build on your first 12 months to expand your horizons and expose you to new projects or functions within your dedicated stream. For example, in the technical stream, your first rotation could be project development, whilst your second could be dedicated to a sub-function such as PMO/supply chain, permitting, et al, to gain a deep understanding of our operations and industry.
What Makes Our Graduate Program Unique?
Don’t just take our word for it. Hear from two members of our 2022 Graduate class about their experience and how the program is preparing them for a fulfilling career in offshore wind.
What You Can Expect as a COP Graduate
A Culture of Empowerment, Responsibility, and Trust
We strive to create a culture of empowerment by handing you the reins from the moment you join our team. Nowhere else in offshore wind can you have such an outsized impact, on a team of less than 500 actively developing one of the world’s largest offshore wind portfolios. We are driven by a hands-on approach, and we promote a growth mindset – personally and professionally. The experiences gained at COP will be comprehensive, multifaceted, and applicable to multiple roles, serving you well as your career progresses.
As a Graduate, you will also have the opportunity to work closely with some of our most senior people – with decades of experience, dating back to the first offshore wind pilots and projects. This means you will work in dynamic and fast-paced developments, quickly building on your understanding and perspective. You will stretch your skills and knowledge and will be continuously challenged to ensure a high and rewarding degree of personal and professional development.
A Global Network of Colleagues and Industry Stakeholders
In addition to our multinational business teams who you will work with daily, you will also become part of our Graduate community, networking with previous, current, and future Graduate cohorts who are also building their careers in this exciting industry. From the day your join our team, you will start building your international network across a trusted and supportive group of peers from whom you can gain experiences and learn.
In addition, the first half of the 2-year rotation features a global gathering, in which graduates will have the opportunity to learn, with formal training sessions on relevant subjects, and socialize with other graduate employees from around the world. In the second half you’ll experience a regional gathering, again meeting, socializing, and training together.
Investment in your Personal and Professional Growth and Development
Throughout the two-year program we will offer you a blended learning experience, combining challenging assignments with structured training and development to develop your potential. Among training opportunities, you can expect:
Personal Brand & Effective Global Communication
As we are an expanding global business, collaboration, effective teamwork, and the ability to move fluidly within the evolving landscape of offshore wind development is paramount. As a Graduate at COP, we will provide developmental opportunities that allow you to master communication within diverse teams and build a high impact personal brand.
Inclusivity and a strong sense of belonging are vital to our approach to work. We are therefore investing in your early career and building your competencies, to ensure we create a strong pipeline of leaders with a breadth of personal and professional life experience.
You will have the opportunity to work with a dedicated mentor. Mentoring at COP is an informal relationship-based learning scheme and a powerful tool to enhance both personal and professional development. Through mentoring, you will be guided to reach your developmental goals, gain different perspectives on problems and issues, which will allow you to grow individually and within our team.
At the end of the 2-year Graduate Program, you will be ready for a more expansive and challenging role within Copenhagen Offshore Partners.